Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Friday, October 10, 2008

Chicken shit dog

I have to sit here and laugh at Benji. Do you think that he really does know what we humans talk about....I think he does....because now he has turned all scardy cat on me. I had gotten him to go outside by himself, while I stand at the top of the deck, and go potty, then I tell him "good boy" and he comes running back up.

Well not tonight, I opened the door for him to go out, and I had to go out first. I then tell him to go potty and he gets so far down the steps, takes a double look at the pumpkin sitting on the bottom step, and does a turn around to come back up, I said go potty, he looks at me all sad eyed and starts back down, but stops again and looks up at me. SO I give in and go down the steps and he hurries up and does his business, the whole time looking into the tree line and jumpy, he finishes up and takes no coaxing, runs right up the steps. Mind you the whole time he is jumpy and looking I am doing the same, he made me a chicken shit.

There has been talk all week about the coyotes in the area, yes we in Michigan have them and I guess they are bad this year. The land lord went out yesterday morning and there was 2 on the back hill staring at him. The farmer across the field seen a pack of about 10 the beginning of the week. And the neighbors dog ( a little pomeranian) took off last weekend and has not been seen since, our fear is the coyotes got her. SO Benji of course is outside with us when all this talk is going on, and I think he has been paying attention. WELL after tonight and him being so jumpy, I may have to think twice about either of us going outside after dark. He will just have to learn to go potty on the deck, maybe I can get some AstroTurf and put it on the deck for him.....LOL...

The nieighbors dogs have really been going crazy at night also, they have 2 big husky's, so it really makes me think that I need to get a spot light also, so that if we happen to be out after dark, I can light up the tree line and back field.

I do not let the kids outside without an adult, and for sure now they will not be allowed out of my sight and no where near the tree line or back field......

I never thought that I would be so skittish here, I always was when we were at my parents place up north, but had a reason, it was in the middle of no where, bordered National Forest and there was bears, cats, and coyotes......did not think I had that to worry about here, but I guess I do....DAMN it is terrible to be afraid of the unseen.....And if I see one, then there is NO WAY I am going outside....do not own a gun not even an air gun to scare them off. Bob keeps a shot gun by his back door, I guess I know why now.....

Now that I think about it, I have not seen the old ladies cats around lately, there is no bunny rabbits hopping around in the back field and the woodchucks seem to be absent also.....NOT a good sign....when there is talk of coyotes in the area....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have them all around here. I love to go outside at night and listen to them howl. Growing up, I was terrified of them. Now not so much.

Anonymous said...

Never hurts to be cautious. Stay safe.

Scarlet said...

I remember living in Florida and having to worry about the Gators!!!

*hugs* and be safe honey.

Sandy said...

Oh...pumpkin patch days, remember that well when mine was young. Glad to see you're enjoying it so.

Your SnowWhite is darling!

Whats the design on your cup holder?

Sandy
Have a great week, and do come visit