Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Some of my projects

Well I have not shared anything that I have been making...Shame of me...so I thought I would show a couple things.



I have been making a big batch of Cotton Dish Sponges have 6 sets done now (only 5 shown) and Have 8 more sets that I want to do. I am hoping that the ladies at the post office buy them... ; )






Also I started a garter stitch scarf with some Bernat Baby Boucle in white, that was gifted to me. I will donate the finished project to the local nursing home. I am using size 8 needles, and cast on 14 stitches. I have been using it to practice my Continental Knitting.






THEN I received a lovely present in the mail today. It is a prayer shawl from a lady in New York. It is beautiful and so soft. I just love the colors....Which do not show true in the picture. BUT it is too hot outside and I just got back from the store and do not want to go back out, yet.







Thank you so much Patty. I know it will bring some comfort and help to boost my spirits.






We went to go out to the store to pick up a loaf of bread, some milk and some cat litter, and open the door to the car, and "WHAT?" there is 4 bags of pop bottles in the front seats. That was a nice little surprise, and helped to pick up the stuff, since come to find out there was not enough money in the checking to cover it all. There was a little note also. It was from my sister and she dropped them off on her way to work this morning. There was also a little envelope with $3, for the kids to pick up something from the dollar store. Brooke (little miss) got herself a broom and dust pan set, and William (little man) got himself a kids shovel. Brooke has been sweeping the kitchen, and William has been trying to dig up the carpet. (thank God it is plastic) I also had a dollar in change in my purse, and I bought myself some tip protectors, since William has lost all but one of my others.






From what my father said to me today, my mom will not be back until at least the middle of July. They are still waiting on my grandmas leg brace, that should have been done 2 weeks ago. But still is not. She does not want to leave her until she knows she can get around on her own, and that is not possible with out the brace, since she has drop foot. I guess she has a really hard time even using the walker, especially since she has arthritis so bad in her hips, shoulders and hands.






The kids are pestering to go outside. I don't want to go outside, do you think if I sit here and whine and stomp my feet that I can get my way and not go out? Didn't think so ..... : )






Oh well, I guess since they are being all nice and lovey about it, I will give in. I will just take the crocheting out with me, and sit on the glider under the tree, where it is nice and shady and a little cooler.






Hope everyone is having a wonderfully blessed day .................

2 comments:

The Jillybean said...

I am so glad you finally did this post! I have been dying to see just exactly how you were going to make sponges. I couldn't figure it out but then when I saw them it make sense.

Lil Knitter said...

I like those sponges...too bad you're not closer cuz I could sure use them.
Love that prayer shawl...it's beautiful!
Hugs!