Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Saturday, June 7, 2008

I'm a Picker


I am a picker not a thrower....well lets say I am NOW a picker....I taught myself how to knit Continental.....I am still perfecting my technique, but I tell you it seems so much more natural, for me, since I have crocheted for so many years. I actually look like I know what I am doing...where as the other way I looked like a fish out of water....


I have been trying to figure out how to knit Continental for months (the whole time I have been learning to knit) and after watching numerous videos and such I figured it out...The only thing is, as with crocheting and knitting English, I have to hold the yarn MY WAY....


SO the next knitting project I show will be knitted continental. BUT first I have to finish the second poncho.


Well today I need to do some grocery shopping, so I guess I had better get my butt in gear and get out of this nice cool, comfortable house, and go out in the Hot Humid outdoors YUCK....and of course there is no air in the car......


Hope everyone has a beautiful day.............

4 comments:

Lil Knitter said...

Congrats! I have tried to knit continental but I just can't do it. I have heard a lot of people who learned to crochet first say it felt more natural to knit this way.
Oh do I feel your pain with the hot, humid weather and no A/C in the car...same here g/f.
Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you! that's how I knit- you guys who throw always look so weird to me. ;)

Scarlet said...

Hi Sweetie,

I have no idea what you're talking about since I CAN'T knit. :( I am sure the way you are doing it is just fine honey.

I LOVE Wallace and Gromit!!! Great taste you have my friend.

*hugs and love*

pinkangel said...

Just what CAN"T you learn? That is a super fast way to knit and I wish I could learn. Have tried but what a time I have with my tension. Soooo proud of you.