Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Friday, April 11, 2008

'With stormy eyes'

Well our day started out absolutely beautiful...It was sunny, warm and the birds were chirping...I opened up the windows, and door, and let the nice Spring breeze air out this old house...


I got a great couple of pics of the kids and cats in the window, as soon as I opened it, they all ran to it....Of course I was "LAZY" today.....I did some laundry, washed the dishes, cleaned up the kids room, and did some crocheting....all the while still in my pajama's....I did at least get the kids dressed..........






We had 2 hours without power from storms that could not even be heard, I actually think it was due to the wind. The scanner said a transformer had blown. So I did not get to go online, or have the TV noise, when we did get power back on I decided I had better cook dinner, because there was storms coming, and I did not want to have no way of cooking.



About 7:30 the storms rolled in...It was a little scary for a moment, the skies turned Black and green, and the wind went crazy, and then came the hail....not a drop of rain fell, it was all ice...for about 15 minutes.....I got a picture of the sky right as the hail stopped, and it still looked yucky...All I could think of was there is nothing I can do, the size of the hail would have HURT us if we would have had to run down stairs to get in the basement....and my kids were my concern, I guess if it had come to that, I would have found a way to get them down there with something over them to keep them from getting hurt...Some of the hail was the diameter of a nickel...I got Brooke a bowl full of it, and she made me stick it in the freezer, For her and William to play with tomorrow, she said.






I dread tomorrow, we need to go grocery shopping and I hate to do that.....But we need to eat, and we are getting low on the necessities.


I started a mesh bag last night, and am still working on it, It should have been done, but I had other stuff that needed my attention, so I am hoping it will be done tomorrow, and then I will start something else.....What I really want to start is a BIG teddy bear, that you can make clothes for, and I believe that I have enough of some brown to do it....


There is just so many things I want to make, and then I can not decide what to do first....

The infected sweat gland is getting much better, well at least the size is down, but I can still feel it, so we shall see how it is Wednesday, when I go back to the doctors, and see what to do next, if it is not gone...........

My brother went to see his boys on Sunday, and for some reason he was moving a cement step with the help of Joe, Joe lost his end, and Don could not hold his up, so he dropped it, right on his leg......Oh boy does it look nasty....I got on him for not going to the doctors, because you could tell it was infected, he said he had no insurance and I told him to go to the clinic, they would at least work with him on the payment...so he did go, and yes it is infected, not broke, but beat up big time...He was suppose to stay off it for a couple of days, but he had to work, and he is on his feet the whole time...so it will probably never get better, unless he at least is propping it up like they said to do, when he is home.

The storm woke up my little monsters, when they would have been out for the night, so of course they are still awake, at least they are laying down and watching TV ("Clean House") otherwise I would be fighting with them, and not on here, because I would have turned everything off, and laid down for them to go to sleep...I think they are almost ready to crash, their eyes are getting heavy......

I hope that everyone is safe with all this weather action that has been going on...Snow, Storms, Tornado's....you name it and I am sure it has hit somewhere in the U.S. these past 2 days...

Find a blessing in something........

5 comments:

Lil Knitter said...

That's kinda scary, girlfriend. We had a couple little storms here..nothing major...mostly just thunder and some lightening.
I feel the same way right...so many things I want to make but can't do them all at one and I need to finish what's already on the needles...uggh!

There you go with the cute purse/bag making again. ;o)
Hugs!

Scarlet said...

Oh how I miss the Michigan storms. HEre it just rains, no thunder or lightening. Very BORING! The new purse looks very pretty, I'd like to see it when it is finished. Looks like the perfect bag to take to The Farmers Market.

Hugs to you and your little ones.

pinkangel said...

When bad weather hits and you think something may come of it........Have what you need to ready to take with the kids. Then high tail it to the basement........Sure wish we had a basement. I am amazed at the size of the hail. I have never seen that even being from PA.

Lots of Hugs

Aunt Kathy said...

Wow, stormy weather. it's beautiful and scary all at the same time.

We had our window open today too.

Anonymous said...

Wow that looks like a nasty sky, and that was the end of it?!? WOW!!!!

Where did you get the pattern for the bag?

Hugs!!