Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Pink Lemon Drop

Did I get your attention with that title? I just love the name to go with the purse I finished a little while ago....and I LOVE THIS PURSE.... I tell you, I almost put it aside and said MINE..
But we really need the money, so Katie will be putting it on Etsy, in the morning.....She is in Texas at the moment, so she will not be back here until the wee hours of the morning....so do you want to see it????? Well you will have to wait for a few....I have some other news.


I started the doily, and had to put it down....my eyes just could not take it.....But I do have a picture of the first 10 rounds....



Now on the WENDY side of things, I went to the eye doctor today, and YES I do need glasses, but only for reading. On the SCARY side of things the pressure in my eyes is Moderately High....so I have to go back in 3 months for another Glaucoma check....I went on line and checked out signs and symptoms and causes of Glaucoma, and one of the things that caught my eye, is the fact that Steroids (cortisone) use can be a cause of it. Yes there are plenty of others Causes, but that one hit home, because I have been on so much steroidal medication in the past few years, with my breathing and infections.....I also talked to him about Brooke....and he gave me the diagnosis name of her eye problem, but for the life of me I can not remember what it was, but it is very common, and the younger we catch it the better we are....He basically said the same things as the other doctor, and would choose the same line of treatment....BUT he also said one thing that caught me, there is still a THIRD route that can be taken if the glasses and patch do not do the trick, They CAN do surgery.....So I will not be getting a second opinion, and we will take it one day at a time, and pray for a good outcome. (by the way the diagnosis starts with an "A")



Ok are you ready for the pictures now????? I know I am ready to show them...and some of our outside time this evening......





Before Felting



After felting (Brooke modeling) I used Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Bulky for this purse...and a size "K" hook. It is my own design, I just crocheted and this is what I came up with. The colors are Cherry Delight and Lemon Drop...I had one skein of each color that was given to me, and it took all of both for the purse (do have a little ball of each color, to tease the cats with, that is left over)




Tulip Doily



Chicken Coup (now apartments)

Old sewing machine, sitting on top of an old run down riding mower...

Well I hope you are all having an enjoyable evening ...

Hug the ones you love...and Pray for those you don't...............

8 comments:

Lil Knitter said...

OMG...I am so in love with that purse! Man, are you good or what!?

Good luck with your eye issues...I have glasses too and it's about time for visit for me too. My only problem is I can't see...lol I hope everything works out good for you and our sweet girl.

The doily is gorgeous...don't know if I could do that..so tiny.

Can't wait to see your next purse!

Hugs!

Aunt Kathy said...

The purse is wonderful, I love pink. bet you didn't know that huh? LOL

Oh and my husband would love that deer weather vane...

Scarlet said...

Love the purse. I have to get out my felting wool so I can make a purse. It seems like I never have time to do it though.
I have not worked with thread in a long time. I can see why your eyes were bothering you, it is so small.

*big Hugs*

SimplyMe said...

Hey there Wendy. By chance does Brooke have amblyopia? My dh and both my kids have been through vision therapy. (and guess who got to do the homework with them?!?) Dh has also had several surgeries. Gotta love the curveballs, don't ya?

Great job on the purse. You are so talented! Can't wait to see the finished doily as well.

Okay, AK wants the deer weather vane, and I have dibs on that old sewing machine!

Katie O said...

The doily looks so pretty, yea!!! And I love the purse... I am going to list it now. It will be on by the time you read this. You do such great work. Remember, Brooke's eyes will work themselves out... it will be ok. My eye site is just as bad as her's and I fly planes for cryin out loud. Is it Astigmatism or something different?? Hope you had a good sleep.

Anonymous said...

Wendy I am not going to apologize for caring about the kids. I was not trying to step on your mommy authority. You have the names and numbers, it is your choice. Steroids can add to glaucoma, mainly by injection. SMOKING is a the bigger factor. When Pops quit smoking his glaucoma reversed, he was advised my his specialist to do so. They have drops to bring down your pressure, I have them in my refrigerator and they are amazing. You might want to inquire with your eye doctor about them.
p.s. if Brooke needs surgery she will need a specialist who actually knows what they are doing!

ziarah said...

I love that purse - it looks great!

pinkangel said...

Hey sweetie, I go back to the eye doctor in 3 months also and for the same reason. She told me that it can be treated but not cured. And drops is the way it is treated. So I am looking at that too. And I have also used steroids for severe skin problems. (that is all better now)

If you are going to make up your own patterns be sure to write it down. You may be able to publish and make some money......

Hugs