Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Friday, April 25, 2008

Eyes

Well today was Brooke's checkup on her eyes and Williams first visit....

Brooke is doing good, and with her glasses on she can see out of her left eye. So we are continue to do as we are doing and she is to wear her glasses as much as possible. William will also be getting glasses, his left eye is the same as Brooke's but his right eye is better than hers......So we picked out glasses for him, I am a little upset that the glasses he should have had, being only 2, the insurance does not cover. They are the ones that the ear piece basically is flexible and goes around most of his ear. SO we will be hunting down some of those elastic sports straps for glasses, so that they stay on him. The one pair I tried on him, made him look like Harry Potter and I tell you he looked so darn cute, But instead we chose a pair about the same as Brooke's. Here I thought that Brooke looked older, I tell you it makes my baby boy look even older (but so darn cute)

Both kids will be going back to the eye doctor in August. This time they will be gong to an eye muscle specialist, to be sure that it is not a muscle problem. I have talked to my niece about getting her daughters eyes checked, especially since she does have a noticeable turned eye, and she is in the process of getting a referral. Now if I can just get my brother to listen to me about his sons eyes, that is not going to easy, because even though he is not with their mother, he lets her make all the decisions and she sees no need for it.

I am just so very glad that the doctor suggested that we get William tested, since it seems to be a hereditary thing, since he is younger we have even a better chance of correcting the problem.

Jack is beating himself up over the whole thing, he is blaming himself for their eyes.....I keep telling him that it could be any reason why....

Well I just got a phone call and have to run out....so I guess this is done.....
Hope everyone had a beautiful day........

5 comments:

Lil Knitter said...

Awww...tell Jack to stop beating himself up...these things happen and it's not his fault or yours. You two deserve a pat on the back for catching it while they're both so young.
I bet William is one cutie pie with his little glasses...heck, he's a cutie pie anyway. Can't wait to see a photo.
I'm so glad Brooke is doing so well wiht hers.

Hugs!

Scarlet said...

So glad to hear that the little ones are on the road to better eyesight. It is no ones fault like lil knitter said. Good that you caught it early and lets hope that your brother will follow your footsteps for his little one.

I bet William will look marvelous in his new glasses. When you said how cute he look it reminded me of the little kid in "The Christmas Story" movie, Ralphie. I can't wait to see a picture. He will really be Mr. Hollywood then.

*hugs*

SimplyMe said...

Jack - Knock it off. Beating yourself up is when you become part of the problem and not part of the solution.

wendy - hang in there, you're doing the right thing and the best you can. It is fixable, and you are on top of it. You've controlled all you can control.

As for the SIL or Xsil, or however that works.....tell her some scary facts....like depth perception damage, etc. Maybe that'll scare her into it.

Now I can't wait to see William in his glasses!

Can you believe this crap??? I have snow on the ground RIGHT NOW. Not nearly as much as farther west, but in case you haven't noticed, it's APRIL 24th. I have snow. Putting those two sentences together is just WRONG!!

thesuzvk said...

Sounds like you are doing everything right with the vision situations. I'm glad you caught it early enough! I agree, we need to see William in his glasses when you get them. Have a great evening!

Love ya,
Suz

Love Wins

pinkangel said...

Wendy, my daughter blames me because she has to wear glasses.... We get stuff passed from our parents, that is just the way it is. Sometimes it is good (like looking younger than you are--I got that from my mom). My brother got heart problems from our dad) Tell Jack that is just the way life is...

I am so proud of you, despite the problems you and your family have been facing, you still knew to have your kid's eyes checked. A lot of parents don't even think about it.

You and Jack are doing good.

"Loves Hugs"