Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Friday, March 7, 2008

Kids and Yarn














Well it has been going good around here......Finally got the kids in on Tuesday to get a much needed hair cut, Brooke did not really need one, but wanted one and William did not want anything to do with it, but needed one quite badly. Now he is so much cuter (if that is possible) and looks so different. It is amazing how a hair cut can change someones features. Brooke would not let me get a picture of her, but William let me get a few quick ones, they are a little blurry, because the child does not like to sit or stand still too long...No grass will be growing under his feet.


I have been crocheting away.....I put the sock down, again....not that it is too hard, I finally got to the heel, but it just seems to not be interesting me so very much. So I plan on finishing it, but not soon, instead it will be a here and there project. I realized that I have missed my charity crafting so much...I get so much enjoyment and satisfaction when I am crocheting for charity, then crafting for profit or myself. I managed to make 2 cuddles (got a picture of the latest one), 2 pink scarfs, one of which ended up going to a friend and one went to the memorial, then last night I made a baby hat and pair of booties. I made some cloths here and there and will be making more to be sent to North Carolina. Katie will be making deliveries to her local hospital of baby items, so she has been practicing her crocheting skills (and doing quite wonderfully if I do say so myself) so I am going to help her out. They requested some Angel garments and Buntings also...I have looked at some to do, but I just do not know if I can do them.......It will tear my heart to pieces.......Then again if I think hard of the parents and what it will bring to them to have something for their Angel to wear, then maybe I can do it.



My kids are just so cute, sometimes I get such a kick out of them (actually most of the time)



For instance the other day I was sitting here at the computer chatting with Katie, while working on a cuddle, Brooke and William were in the chair with Jack (behind him) Brooke proceeds to tell me she is cutting daddy's hair and painting it. Ok that is good, I am of course facing the other way, so can not see what she is doing, then William calls to me and I turn around to see what he wants, he shows me his GREEN finger, "how did you do that" he then proceeds to point to daddy's head, "OH" is all I could say, I immediately got up and got a wet wash cloth as Jack is saying "no she did not" I still said nothing, until I got to him and proceed to wash his neck, hair and head. She was really PAINTING his hair, She had taken the green marker and it was in his hair, on his head and neck.....Thank God for Crayola washable markers, or he would have been ready for St Paddy's day........I was fighting the laugh so hard, especially when she got so pissed because I had washed all of her hard work off.........Jack did see the humor in it and did not blow a gasket, He simply told Brooke that she should have asked.....She ended up asking to "paint" his finger nails, she gave him very gorgeous green nails.






William, the hater of Santa, has been pulling out the Christmas book and drives me about crazy, every page of course has Santa on it and he says it real well (one of his few words) So we pick Brooke up from school yesterday, and stopped
by Subway to see my sister and get lunch, we are eating our lunch and a man with a long grey beard and hair walks in.........William just went all crazy, "Santa, Santa" is all he kept saying, with great excitement......The man got a kick out of it, and my sister is back there trying to make his subs, just laughing away, she told the man that William is 2 and is her nephew.....Brooke also did that one day in Wal Mart, we were getting some fruit and she saw "SANTA" she of course speaks much clearer and louder, the guy looked over her way and says hi she just hid her face then.








Brooke had her first accident the other night, of course it would happen since we no longer use pull ups, but at least she had a pad under her, I had to change her and put a new pad under her, and since she was half asleep, I just grabbed a night gown and no underwear. Oh my was she a little upset, when she woke me up at 6:30 a.m. she was almost crying telling me she had no underwear on and to get her some, I am like no honey you will be fine, I am not getting up yet, she just kept telling me to get her underwear, then she wanted to know why she was not wearing any. I got out of bed to get her some, hoping she would not wake William up, and told her she had an accident, she did start crying then and told me she was a big girl now, she was so upset that she had an accident. Try telling a 4 yr old, that accidents happen, like spilling something or dropping something, and she is so upset and you are trying to tell her it will be alright, that accidents happen. Well Jack woke up, and wanted to know what was wrong and I told him, he said to her why did you not have on underwear, and she calmly says to him she had an accident, but that is ok daddy because it was an accident.


Oh by the way, Shelly, the scarfs were made with the UP/DOWN stitch, I use it for most all of my projects. The latest scarf was made using Lambs Pride worsted weight and a size "L" hook, the cuddle was made using a "N" hook with 3 strands of acrylic and HDC. The booties are Bev's very easy booties and the hat is my own pattern using HDC, I used Caron Simply soft brights in pink and a size "G" hook.


By the way Snow Belle has been adopted........She is on her way to her new momma in Florida..

Well I guess that is enough for now, I think I got caught up with everything....I'm off to make some more baby hats..........


Have a very blessed day.........

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your kids are so cute. your scarf is also so pretty love the color and I love Bevs booties. I have made those before.

Lil Knitter said...

He's a cutie patootie! lol
That scarf is gorgeous g/f...awesome job! Cute baby set you got there, too.
I'm so excited!!! I'm taking a crochet class tomorrow!! YAY!!! Now maybe I can make some of the pretty things you do.

Wish me luck!
Hugs!

Scarlet said...

What a handsome young man. I just love your work. You are very good at what you do. That scarf is so beautiful. I think you sent me that stitch pattern, I wonder what I did with it?

Thanks for all the comforting words left at my blog, it means so much to me.

*Hugs*
Scarlet

SimplyMe said...

Once again, great work Wendy. Must say he looks very striking with is new cut!

Aunt Kathy said...

Hey Wendy, don't tell Brooke, but I think she actually made it into the picture of her brother, she is on the floor by the coffee table, LOL.

I love hearing kid stories, Adam has a few too, they just make me smile all the time.

pinkangel said...

Now William definitely looks like your little man......Love the pictures.....and I love reading your blog..........

Such beautiful work...you are so blessed with this amazing talent.

Take care and hug the ones you love...even through cyber space..

Can you feel it??? my hugs to you