

Today was a great day..........Katie finally got to come over for a visit.....We exchanged goodies, had lunch, talked, she played with the kids, and we did a little crafting..

She taught me a couple of increase and decrease stitches for knitting....I may actually be able to work on something now.....I can not believe how easy they are, and here I could not figure them out form the Internet or books....

She brought the kids goodies also. The each got an outfit, T-shirt, hat and mitten set and blanket pj's....they had fun opening them and William insisted on trying on his pj's and hat. Brooke finally decided to try on her pajama's also, I got some pictures of them modeling their stuff. BUT forgot to get a picture of Katie and myself........SHOOT....
I just love the hat that William got, and I do believe that he will be able to wear it next year also..Brooke will also......
Katie brought me a bag of PLARN (plastic bag yarn), a BUNCH of knitting needles some kitty food, Popcorn (which the kids had to eat already) cloths and good conversation.........
We showed off some of our work, and I gave here 2 hats and 2 sets of booties for the hospital. (I did not get the burial pouch lined)
It is a gorgeous day out today, in fact I ended up opening the windows some, since we have no control over the heat, it was 75 degrees in here, and getting a little uncomfortable.
After Katie left my sister came over and picked Brooke up to go out for Pizza. She actually wanted us all to go, but William fell asleep, and I did not want a crabby butt, so I left him sleeping. He had to of been extremely tired (especially after the wrestling match with Katie) to have fallen asleep with company over.
I checked in with my cousin, who lives in Avon Lake, Ohio...since I heard that, that area got hit real bad with snow (21 inches) she said they are all safe, and thanked me for checking in. She did tell me that a friend of theirs died yesterday, while shoveling snow. Some people just do not realize how much of a killer that can be......
I hope everyone is safe and if you were hit with the snow, that you take it easy......
Have a blessed day.........
3 comments:
So glad to hear that Katie finally made it.......I too am bad about not get all the pics I want......Maybe next time.
Isn't is wonderful to have a great day....
Sounds and looks like you had a wonderful day. I am so happy that you finally got to visit with Katie. The kids look adorable in their hats and jammies.
I quote pinkangel " Isn't it wonderful to have a great day..."
*HUGS*
Scarlet
Oh, that looks like so much fun. Glad you both enjoyed.
Post a Comment