Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Monday, February 4, 2008

Little update


Been busy crocheting. I found out that the felted bag on Etsy was well liked, so much so, that we had put it on reserve for a buyer and in the process another person bought it...So the only thing I could do was to hurry and make another. It is done and being felted as I write. I should have it in the mail by Wednesday, that will give it enough time to dry. Then I will go back to finishing another doily and working on some point protectors.
I did fool around yesterday with the clay an came up with these 3. They need some fine tuning and a little "bling" added to them. I decided I would tease and give a preview of what is to come on the Etsy shop. I figure that "variety" is the spice of life so there will be a little of this and that on the shop....I have a quite a lot of crafting likes, and it will be nice to work on a some of them and hopefully make a little money in the process. Some of my craftiness includes painting, needlepoint including plastic canvas, crocheting, a little tatting, a little knitting, sewing, and then a little delving into some other things to see if I like it or can even do it. The kids clothes closet is not theirs, it is my "Craft" closet. There is a variety of things in there that has drawn my interest over the years.
Brooke's teacher comes today, and I need to do a little picking up, plus in a few I will get to the post office and mail out the bag that was alrady completed, the doily went in the mail on Friday morning, and like I said I hope to have the second bag in the mail on Wednesday. That will all depend on the drying time. My mom called me this morning to inform me that I have a couple of packages waiting for me, that was at the Post Office, and then some ohter mail...I think the letter for Jack's and mine medical coverage is in there, that will be nice, because then I can make an appointment with a dentist and also get my eyes checked and some regular medical stuff taken care of that has been put off, such as the dreaded "Booby" test and that other dreaded female testing. Jack needs to get in and get some testing done, that he was told to get months ago, but there was no way we could pay for a "colonoscopy" so now he can get that done. We need to get this stuff done, because if we are not healthy then we do our kids no good.....Brooke needs to also get into the dentist, she has been complaining of a tooth hurting her, and I am hoping it is just "sympathy" pains and not the tooth that had a small cavity in it. So I will be calling the dentist and making her an appointment. It is going to be a semi busy week, teacher today, school tomorrow, taxes Wednesday, Bankruptcy court on Thursday and (if my dad has his way) a trip to town on Friday to go see the State Rep. for our area. He seems to think that us going to see him at the Tim Horton's will do something for our situation. I think it will be a wasted trip and to much of a crowd to deal with. We shall see if it is meant for me to go or not. I will be listening for some "little voices" to help me with that answer.
Ok I have to get busy here....Hope everyone is having a blessed day...........

5 comments:

Lil Knitter said...

Man, you have been seriously busy and crafty. Those point protectors are cute...with some bling, you should be able to sell bunches of those.
Definitely get those medical issues taken care of...we want you all healthy. :)
Hugs!

*Congrats on the sales!*

SimplyMe said...

Congrats on the etsy sales, LOVE the point protectors.....I'm sure they will go too!!!! I second Mel on the health front.

Aunt Kathy said...

Keep hanging on Wendy, there is an end to all of this, I promise.

{{{HUGS}}}

AK

pinkangel said...

As always Wendy........this gal agrees with Aunt Kathy...she is a lady of wisdom..

I am so glad that you can take care of those medical issues....That tooth has been a problem for awhile.

Keep up the good work, very happy that you have been able to sell a few things.

May God bless you with wonderful surprises.

Anonymous said...

LOVE those point protectors! And I don't think they need bling. (I'm generally anti-bling, myself. ;))
(((big hugs))) for all your tooth stuff. That's all I can say about tooth stuff without breaking into hives.