Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A little Christmas Cheer

















Well you will all be happy to know I finally decorated the tree......It was fun with the help of the kids...They had such a good time and did a great job. They knew to not just stick them in one spot and "showed" me where to hang some that they could not reach. I need to get some more ornaments. The back (facing the window) does not have any ornaments, and the sides are still a little bare. So I guess I need to get back to making ornaments. I use to make ornaments every Christmas to give as gifts. But have not done that since I had the kids. BUT they are getting old enough now to help in the process and we can make "kid Friendly" ones.














I pulled out my grape juice that I had put in the freezer, for when I was ready to make some more Grape Jelly, well I think it is time, because there is not anymore (gave most of it away) and I want to give some as gifts.....BUT first I have to make my great niece Breanna a poncho for Christmas. I finished my Grandma's shawl. It is so very soft, and cozy and warm..But by using the Boucle it is light weight. so it will not be heavy on her shoulders.








Well William has passed out on the floor, too much fun for the little guy and Brooke is ready to go to bed...So I guess I had better get off here and take care of her and then crochet some before I turn in.
Have a safe and blessed night............











3 comments:

Lil Knitter said...

YAY! We both got our trees decorated! The kids pretty much did all the hanging of the ornaments...I just did the ribbons. I thought about posting a photo and then got sidetracked, maybe I can get some posted tomorrow evening...after my Wordless Wednesday pic. I love those Raggedy Ann & Andy ornaments...so cute...bet you can't them anymore.
Hugs! Get some rest.

Scarlet said...

Wendy,

Your tree is stunning. So perfect. You sure did a great job. Did a see a half granny shawl there as well? You are fast honey. So glad you are having some cheer in your life, you need it.

Sending big hugs and blessings your way.

Scarlet

Anonymous said...

Your tree turned out so festive.