+001.jpg)
+019.jpg)
+012.jpg)
This is what we woke up to on Thanksgiving morning..............Our first snow........The kids had a ball, it was only 2 1/2 inches, but enough to make a little snowman and for Brooke to make some snow angels..........
It is now snowing, again. They are calling for 2 inches, but at the rates it is coming down and no sign of it easing up, I would say more....Of course it would because we still have not gotten the snow blower out of storage...........
I finished the hat and scarf for my 16 yr old nephew, now I am debating on what to make the younger ones. Was going to be cardigans, but I just do not feel like doing them, because I know that they will not be appreciated by their mother and would probably be sold.........So I am thinking slippers.
I just got a box of goodies in the mail and am just drooling over it......It is a sampling of some yarn a friend in Indiana received as a donation......oh boy it has some lovely fiber.....wool, mohair, angora, you name it, it is in there...I can just imagine how she was when she opened her box and it contained 29 pounds of all different kinds of yarn from all over the world, Brazil, Italy, U.K. Now to see what I can make with it.......It is only a ball or skein of each, so it will be hard to figure out something.
Well dinner is almost done, I want to get some pictures of some afghans I received from Hawaii, and the finished hat and scarf. So I will do that after dinner and hopefully get back on here to post them.
Have a blessed day..........
6 comments:
Oh Wendy... I'm so jealous of the snow... I hate the cold, but at least it was pretty... it's just cold down here... Don't put too much effort into something that won't be appreciated or sold... something simple! I'm still working on my stuff. I passed my oral test today with flying colors and leave for Dallas tomorrow for a week.. hello, 68-ish weather!!! hooray!! Talk to you soon, Miss you
Thanks for sharing your awesome snow pictures. Here, it is raining and cold. We never get much of the "white stuff" anyway. Looks like the little ones had a good time.
I agree with Katie...don't waste your time and talent on someone who doesn't appreciate it.
Hugs!
Wendy - the snow is beautiful! I want some too. Hey. I'm just so excited for your kids. What a time they must have had. I agree on the slippers...and have you considered a scarf that changes yarn every row or two and done lengthwise? That's what I saw when I read what you have. Enjoy the feel of that fiber gliding through your fingers, okay?
That's quite a bit of snow. I saw a little bit in Ohio but nothing compared to that. Thank you for commenting on my contest. I'm posting winners this evening. Have a wonderful day.
OH I am so jealous!!! I love snow and we don't get it often in NC.
Love the tree!!!
Hugs!!!
Your pictures are wonderful.
Post a Comment