Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Friday, September 21, 2007

Jack's home

This is going to be a quickie, Jack got in at 7 this morning and of course everything is in an uproar. Our whole schedule is thrown off and the kids think that things are different, But momma says no way. Just cause daddy is home does not mean that we can stay up all night, or that we don't have to eat anything but junk, or that we can be little monsters and do what we want. I do give a little but we still have to do certain things.





Tomorrow we are going to go to the apple orchard. It will be Williams first. Brooke has gone since she was little. I have the batteries charging for the camera. William will get to take his first pony ride, and Brooke will be old enough to really enjoy it. Maybe daddy will get a reprieve and will not have to play pony anymore.





I finished the 5th afghan for the DVS. I was going to start the 6th, but our nephew and his girl friend came over and we had a bonfire and made Sm ore's. So I guess I will work on it after our orchard venture.



The 6th afghan will be all granny squares each one is a different color and I am going to join it in lime green........I can not wait to get it done, I think it is going to look so nice.



Oh I almost forgot to tell you about Brooke's first day of school without me. First William was very upset when we left sissy.......He did not want to leave her........Then I went to pick Brooke up and she was not happy at all to see me........She did not want to come home. She informed me that I could not stay at school with her........But I do have to volunteer in the class at least once a month.......I guess all that means that she really had a good time and did not give a hoot that I was not there. That actually makes me feel very good, that she loves it and she can survive without momma.



She is still up and she is going to get a little PO'D with me when I am done with this and tell her it is bedtime.



Jack asked me if I wanted to get lucky, I said NO I am tired, well guess what, he is snoring away in the chair. I guess it was probably those 2 beers he had with the neighbors. BAD WENDY, I am sitting here thinking Ha.. I can stay up if I want and crochet, and he will never know that I did not go to bed.......... Shame on me............But a woman has gotta do what a woman has gotta do.............



I think that I must watch too much "baby" t.v. as Brooke calls it, because she is starting to stuff babies up her shirt and then she tells me it is "born" as she cleans it up and hands it to me.

Here is a picture I got last night. She doesn't know I took it or boy would she be mad......




Hope every one has a beautiful day and Hug the ones you love...............

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You Are So Right... Us Women have to do what we have to in order to survive the male species. They tend to forget or choose not to remember that women do 24 hours worth of work in there normal 8 hour days... we are like the energizer bunny, no matter what we have to keep going. Then when we want to relax, it does mean doing the bunny hop =)
Love The Picture of Miss Brooke... she is learning alot from baby tv.
School... she is just as independent as her Momma. When you do have to volunteer I bet you will find her a little jealous but when you have to share yourself with the other kids. She is such a Big Girl. Love Ya's, see you all tomorrow. Have Fun at the Apple Orchard.
Love, Barbara
xoxoxoxoxox

SimplyMe said...

Okay, that picture is just priceless!! Wtg momma. Glad she likes school, have fun at the orchard, and I'm NOT even going there with luck and Jack. Enjoy his time home (and I know what you mean about staying up and the yarn thing...all too well)!!!

Anonymous said...

Your ghan is stunning. I love that you used the same pattern (one that I love) and just changed colors. Your choices were wonderful. Great Job! Tip of the crochet hook to you.

pinkangel said...

Once again you made me chuckle.......I think all women think alike LOL! Youknow, the crafting thing that you mentioned. That is a precious picture of Brooke. And loving school is wonderful........Going back to the picture of Brooke....don't let her grow up too fast.....
You all looked like you had a wonderful time at the Apple Orchard.
Loves Hugs
Diane