
Today was a good day.........I made up my cleaning schedule and so far so good.......Today was Take Brooke to school and Laundry. Tomorrow is (start to) clean up my room, Change beds, Vacuum and take out trash.....I have worked it out that for all but the laundry it will not take me more than an hour a day to do my "Chores" and then the little time to do the dishes and clean up the toys at night. At least with the laundry I can do other things while it is finishing, like crochet.
Picked grapes with the kids this evening, and decided to try my hand at making Grape Jelly. If all else fails and it does not set, it will be Juice. In fact, I even had the idea of just making Juice, it is so much easier than I thought. And with a tab bit of sugar, it sure tastes good. It is alright without the sugar too, but with Mother Nature at my door, It is SWEETs............And SALT (chips)
I picked about 2 gallons of tomato's from the garden, but I am through with them, so I put them in a container by the road and put "FREE" on it. Hopefully someone picks them up, if they are still there tomorrow, then maybe I will run them to town, to the DVS. That idea just came into my head, otherwise they would have not been put by the road........Oh well.....afterthoughts.......
I noticed that one jar of jelly did not seal, and if it hasn't already, then it will more than likely not, so that will have to be used first............I always jump when they start to seal, even though I am listening for them, it still startles me.
Jack will be home sometime on Thursday.....He is in Chicago area at the moment, waiting to get a load to take to Cleveland area. Poor man, he is going to have to put up with a semi grump, because of my dear visitor. Actually though I have not noticed the grumpiness (yet) But boy does the back sure hurt...........
Thursday night Jack's nephew is going to come over with his girlfriend, they want to see the kids, but also wanted to make sure he was going to be home. They want to have a bon fire....just what I need with the allergies already kicking in..........
Have not seen my family since Saturday...have not felt like going over there and they have not invited me over.......So it has been just me and the kids since Sunday. Did talk with my land lady for a few this evening, she couldn't stay out too long, she was making sweet pickles. She is the reason why I decided to try the Grape jelly, she is upset because she has not made any yet and does not want all the grapes going bad. I think that I may make her 2 batches of juice, so that she can make some jelly, with only half the work.
I think it is about time to join some more squares, I did 12 earlier, So I am about halfway done, maybe it will get finished by tomorrow.
Hope everyone is having a blessed evening and morning...............
No comments:
Post a Comment