Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Monday, September 17, 2007

Home visit day

Today was our first home visit with Brooke's teacher. It went very well. We read a book, danced to a song, played a game and got to draw. Brooke amazed the teacher, as she does with so many (little miss smarty pants) She could not believe that she could hold and cut with the scissors, and cut on a line at that. She could not believe the self portrait she did also, because it even included a body, which most children do not do until later. And she holds a pencil like we as adults do, not in a fist grip. We are going to work on Brooke writing the letter "B", and also recognizing colors. She matches colors, but she needs work on getting a color when you ask her to. I have worked with Brooke as she has grown, but some things, I have not done much of. I figure she has so many years of school ahead of her, that I am not going to drill her on the alphabet, or counting. That will come in every day life, reading, singing, and doing things together. We will get a little learning experience on Wednesday, as we make Rice Crispy Treats together for her to take to school, to go with lunch.

It is on my foot mom........



Barbara blogged about our weekend, and No Barbara my head did not swell, it was nice to read about your thoughts on me and the kids. It brought tears to my eyes, that even as lifelong friends, that you see things the way you do. It reinforces that Kellie was not in her right mind when she told me that I suck as a parent. I did not believe her then and never will, My children are proof at that. When a complete stranger will come up to me and tell me how well behaved and lovely my children are, then that is the proof.

Dinner time



Tomorrow is Brooke's first day of school, that I will not be staying with her. No one to watch William, because my mom has to go to class. She use to go to speech class without me, but that was only for an hour, not 3 hours, but I think she will do well, and if not they have my phone number and it would only take me 10 minutes (if that) for me to get there.



She has already picked out her outfit to wear jeans with red flowers and a red scarf type belt, and a short sleeved button up blue shirt with red flowers on it. She even remembered she had to have an extra set of clothes in her backpack so she put the pair of jeans with little jewels and a short sleeved button up shirt with little blue flowers all over it. At least I don't have to worry too much about her going out looking like a fool, if she wants to pick out her own clothes. She is pretty good a making sure they go together.



We had pork chops, mashed potato's, green beans and pan gravy for dinner. I think it is so funny when William eats mashed potato's, because he gets them all over himself. He loves them so much, that he gets too big of a fork full and they have no where else to go but on his face. I call him Mister Potato Head. He eats very well for not being 2. But mashed potato's are a different story as well as Spaghetti. He ends up being sauce face.


Well Brooke is sleeping, and William is still awake, so I had better get him to bed, and then I will crochet for a few and take my butt to sleep... 7 comes early when you are used to sleeping till around 8:30....Hey if the kids are sleeping why do I want to get up, especially when I usually don't go to bed until after midnight.


Hope everyone had a wonderful start to a new week.............

No comments: