I woke up this morning, forgetting I was to make my delivery today, I then saw my note on the monitor, and had a little bounce ... in my step. YA...I get to take all this wonderful stuff to their new home for someone to use and enjoy (except for the Christmas stuff, that will be enjoyed in a couple of months)
So I start out by gathering the boxes, and realize........Silly........you forgot to sew the tags on the afghans and the one still needs to be washed. So I hurry up and sew that tag on, and throw it in the washer. Get the other 2 and sew their tags on, fold them up and put the "gift" tag on it, I just so happen to have some heavy duty see through bags, so I put them in there and tape them up. Ok that is done, now waiting for the other to get done. I decide it is a perfect time to do a few cloths.
I get the afghan in the dryer on low setting. I then get the kids some lunch, we have 1 1/2 hours to leave, doing good. Well after lunch William decides it is time to go to sleep and since I was not paying attention to the fact he really wanted me to hold him, he curled up on a pillow at my feet and fell asleep. Poor child, he woke up as I was trying to put him in his car seat.
I get to the DVS Outreach center and Christy meets me at the car. She is so happy to see me and gives me a big hug. We go in the building and I show her all the wonderful stuff. 52 cloths, 3 scarves, 7 bags, toiletries with some of the cloths, critters and the 3 afghans. She tells me thank you I do believe 4 times, through out the time I was there (10 Minutes) She again gives me a big hug, I tell her I love doing this and Thanked her for Letting me do so. We walk out to the car and after I get the kids in their seats we talk for a minute, I ask her how many other people are donating hand made items, and she informs me that I am the only one. It hit my heart so very hard when I heard that. I can not believe that in this whole community, that no one else has stepped up to the plate to help make someones Christmas and daily life a little more enjoyable.
I am just so saddened to know this. I know that there is no way in the world I could join or even make 20 afghans by Christmas. I will have a total of 6 (at least) but not 20. She gives me another Hug and tells me to have a great day and if I need anything, (info for anyone, or a note of thanks) to let her know. I am so very blessed to be part of a generous caring group of "sisters" and already I have 2 afghans coming from Hawaii, and an offer of more. It brought tears to my eyes..........I just know that when one of the ladies receives an afghan, that she will know that it is full of Hope, Love, Prayers and Best Wishes.........From so many caring and giving people.............
I have definitely decided that I will continue to receive squares from people, and that I will not let my heart be hit so hard next year, because I will find and make a way to have an afghan for every lady that is in the shelter at Christmas, next year. I would be able to do it, with a whole year, 12 months. There is just no way I could join that many with such a short amount of time.
It just brings out the determination to do better for next year.
I did not get any pictures again to share, Had no one to take them. I so would love to share the joy of the dropping off with you all in more than just words. Oh well, Maybe next time.
Everyone have a very peaceful and blessed weekend (just in case I don't get back on here)
3 comments:
You Are Truly One Of God's Angels Walking This Earth...
I Love You and I Am Very Proud Of Your Sis.
Love, Barbara
XOXOXOXO
Hey Wendy, remember God knows exactly how much you can do and that is what He will have sent to you. You have a big heart, and I am the same, I want to do it all, make sure everyone is cared for.
I think you're awesome and wish I was one of the people that get to give you {{HUGS}}} in person too.
Hey Wendy - have a square/afgahn blitz on the site. I'm always up for a good blitz. You are so big hearted. Look at all you DID get for them. Where do you want me to start helping????? just point me in the right direction, and I'll have at it. Hey, what size are you making the afghans?
Post a Comment