Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Brooke's first day of "school"


Well today we started out getting up about 6:30. The alarm was not set until 7. but I had terrible acid reflux and could not lay there anymore. Brooke did not want to get up, but decided since everyone else was, she would, especially when she was reminded she was going to school. She was ready to go right then, but of course we still had 2 hours before we were to leave.



I took pictures of her and her outfit she picked out yesterday morning, to wear, and yes William had to have his picture taken too. It was a very good day, and I really enjoyed spending some time with her and not having Jealous William taking over the situation. Not thatI don't love spending time with him also, but sissy needs some one on one momma time. We got to take a little ride on a "real" school bus, that was the biggest thrill for all the children. Some of them will be riding the bus to school and home, but since Brooke is only 3 and considered Home Based, she only goes to school 2 days a week, so I have to transport her. I would anyways, because she is only 3 and there are no seat belts, and I can not see her riding a bus with all the other Elementary kids. It's a momma bear thing. We had taco salad for lunch and she was about the only child who just pigged out on every bit of it. The others were not too sure they wanted anything to do with the lettuce or tomato's, Which are Brooke's favorite foods. Being an older mom I did not wait for the doctor to tell me what and when I could feed my kids. When I felt they were ready I started them on stuff. She was only 2 1/2 months old when she had her first cereal, from a spoon at that. It sure has paid off because she eats like a champ and loves most all food. Of courseI did the same with William, but he is just now getting over his picky eating. I just continue to offer him a variety and figure one of these days, he will decide that is is pretty good.




Yesterday I made a baby sweater and will be making more. Just not right now. I need to get busy on some more afghans, but needed a change of pace.



I do believe it will be an early night for me, because boy am I tired. Not sleeping well all night and then getting up too early has did it for me. Brooke has fallen asleep on the chair, and I am hoping that William will decide to go to sleep too. Then I do believe I will stretch out on the couch for a few, myself.








Hope everyone is having a wonderful day...........

8 comments:

SimplyMe said...

Wendy - What a big day! I love that big smile Brooke has with her Dora backpack. What a proud day!!! Wanna hear a funny, my youngest is one of the pickiest eaters around, but one of her favs is salad too! (especially TACO salad) At the jr hi, she has her first year of lunch choices and she PICKED the chef salad instead of the main entree, a hamburger or pizza. Gotta love those moments. I know I've done a bunch of things wrong....but isn't it great to see at least one little thing turn out right!! Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Wendy,
Tell Brooke I am so proud of her...
I know she is going to love school and learn so much. Plus this gives her a chance to make friends & learn that it is ok to spend time without "Momma Bear". Plus William benefits also for those few hours.
Where is Jack now? Will he be home this weekend? If not what about me coming over this weekend if your not busy? Kiss the angels for me and tell them I love them.
Love You!

Aunt Kathy said...

Wendy oh I remember those days.

Adam is going to be in home based head start this year, he's not potty trained yet so no school but that's OK.

He loves Dora by the way, he came in this morning and the first thing he asked me was to put DORA on the TV.

Your children are beautiful, and I wish I was liek barbara and could pop over to visit and let the kids play.

Wanna move to Upstate NY???

pinkangel said...

Oh my Wendy the kids are growing up...I love the smile on Brooke's face as she heads off to school. I hope she always keeps that beautiful smile....Hugs Diane

Anonymous said...

Wendy, your children are adorable! You should be so very proud. I'm glad that you like your Loves shirt, when you wear it, know you are loved "deep in the heart of Texas".
Your Sister in Christ,
Nancy :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful children you have and Wendy looks like a little elf. She is going to love school if she is that happy to go. My first day of school was a disaster. Thanks for tramping through my blog and for having me on your list of places you visit. I will be back. I see we are both from Michigan too!

Anonymous said...

I am sorry I said Wendy's first day of school. I was thinking of the blog name. I realize it is Brooke.

Anonymous said...

I love meeting new friends and especially those that live close to me. Even though we are far in distance I believe our love or crochet makes us close in heart. I have added your link to my blogs I visit. I have to update my blog on that score. Since I visit more than are listed. Nice to meet you. And I love your sweater.