Well today was a better day as for attitude. But of course there is always something, I woke up with a sore throat.........Just great, a house full of sicky's. We did not go to Brooke's open house, I figured it was not such a good idea, taking a chance of getting all the other kids sick. My sister asked my mom why she would not go with us, she said she did not realize that I was asking her to go. Oh well that is life and it all worked out anyways...........I did go to my parents though, I needed to can tomato's, and just do not have enough room here to do so, and besides I had no jars here. I got 9 quarts canned this time and left 2 for my mom. She has decided to buy a half bushel so that we can do more, since it is easier when there is 2 people. We use to always can together, but since I left home she has not done so much, because she likes to do it together. It is nice to do stuff with my mom, we work very well together and get things done. We even use to work in a factory and store together, and they always knew that we would do our work plus, and they did not have to worry about conflict or slacking.
Tomorrow is a day of remembrance, Do you remember what you were doing, or where you were on that fateful day in September 2001. I remember it all to well, I was in Maryland on my honeymoon. We got married in July, but waited until Jack had vacation time, so that I could take him to meet my family there. Thank god for procrastination on our parts that day. We decided that we wanted another cup of coffee before we ventured into D.C. and took in the sites and even go see the Pentagon. Here we were drinking our coffee and my cousin calls, "you may not want to go to D.C. today" It will be alright I tell her, sure they will have more security but we were still going. Then a few minutes later my mother calls, worried that we had already left. We are still going I tell her, she says Wendy, have you been watching the news, Yes mom, but it is in New York. WENDY it is there also. Oh my God, sure enough they had hit the Pentagon. All day we heard sirens, and EVERYTHING was closed. We sat with my Grandmother all day watching the news, and praying. If we had not had that 3rd cup of coffee we would have been stranded in Washington D.C. Because we would have went 2 miles away into Wheaton and caught the Metro, and went into D.C. that way. We would have not been able to get back out and no one would have been able to get to us. Sure Grandma only lives 7 miles down Connecticut Ave. outside of D.C., but that would not have helped us out much, because we would have probably been further into D.C. And everything was a madhouse.
Jack and I think back to our Stormy wedding day, our devastating honeymoon and all the other turmoil and trials we have faced in these 6 years, and no matter how much we may argue, or how much he may get on my nerves at times, I know that we are forever bound, and I love him with all my heart. I also remember during the next 5 days that we were there that we did make it into D.C. 2 days later, and we found the Red Cross offices, we wanted to donate blood, but when we were told it would be at least a 6 hour process to even get to the blood draw, we decided that we could make a difference in another way. Later that day we attended a Candle light vigil at the park by my grandmothers.
My brother's future step son turns 16 tomorrow. His mother has not planned anything for him. Of course it does not have anything to do with or for her so why would I be surprised. I told my brother to let him know that I did not forget him and I would get him something in the mail this weekend.
Well my daughter is doing the pee pee dance and telling me that I am dirty, so she wants me to go to the potty with her and then take a bath. She told me she is going to wash my back and my hair. So I guess I had better go and get some pampering from my angel.
Have a very blessed and peaceful night/day....................
1 comment:
Wendy, wow what a story. I am glad you were safe, and yes it was a horrible time, but these things do draw people together don't they? What did you decide to do for your nephew's birthday gift?
I also love the picture you chose to remember 9-11 with.
I pray you are feeling better and that your daughter papmers you often, lol
Post a Comment