Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

A drive from H E double hockey sticks

Well not too much can frazzle this gal, But I tell you what I was as frazzled as frazzled can be yesterday.
At 10:30 a.m. Jack, and I started to Chicago, IL. We had to meet up with his new driving partner. No problem, took the kids to my mom and off we went. I love to drive and can do quite a bit of it.
Well 3 1/2 hours later we were in Chicago, OH MY GOD... Traffic like I have never seen.. Mind you I drive to Maryland, and even drive in D.C. No problem. It frazzles Jack and he won't even get behind the wheel while we are there. BUT the traffic in Chicago, forget it, especially since we had no idea where we were going. An hour later we finally made it off the LOOP and was just west of Chicago. Jim calls, (he is coming from Rogers MN) why don't we meet in Joliet. It is south of Chicago, The map is in the Trunk and the laptop won't pick up an Internet connection. Truckers on the CB tell us we have to turn around and go back to 55 to get there. Oh no.... not back through that sh**. I pulled over on the side of the freeway so Jack could get his atlas out of the trunk. And we figure it out. Yup we have to go back. We did finally make it to Joliet at 7 p.m. ( I should have been almost home by then). Through out this little driving experience, I swore I was going to have a heart attack, And I started to hyperventilate more than once. All because I do not do bridges very well and the whole da** place is bridges. And when we had to STOP on some, I really was not feeling to well. I kept wanting to call my mom to tell the kids I loved them, because all I could see was MN. And when a trucker was talking on the CB about one bridge looking like it was going to come down, I was UNDER it. I sure did a lot of praying.
Well finally after 749 miles and 15 hours, I made it home, put the kids to bed and crashed myself. I am SO sore today, all that sitting and total tension of the whole experience. I will never ever, ever, go to Chicago again. Never ever again.

I got up this morning and had 98 emails, so I have been going through them and I also have a thank you to send out, for the squares and bags I received in the mail yesterday.

It is RAINING so I will be sitting my big butt, right on the couch, and crochet my day away. And try to relax and get rid of these sore muscles.

Hope everyone has a blessed day.......................

2 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

Wow Wendy...

You just made me so so so glad that I talked my son Jim out of taking his car to Chicago when he left for there last week. I knew driving and parking there was crazy. I am glad you made it there and back safely.

Keep crocheting and breathing.

SimplyMe said...

Oh Wendy ~ I so feel for you....used to live not far from Joliet, and I've been stuck in that traffic. Please tell me you didn't get stuck in the birth canal on the way back home! Also, Rogers isn't too far from here. How random! Where'd ya meet in Joliet?