Did not have my meeting to drop off donations, Christy had to leave on an emergency, will get back with her on Monday and hopefully set up a new meeting.
I did manage to dig out my material and cut out a bunch of "bags" for the DVS. I sewed one by hand, but I think tomorrow I will pull out the sewing machine and do the rest, I could do all of them in an hour.

As you can see I only got one sewn, but the material in the background is some of the others I have cut out.
I didn't get my preserves made. We stayed at my parents late. The kids were having a great time playing with their cousins and I enjoyed the visit with my nephews and brother.
The dishes did get done though, so at least I don't have to do them tomorrow. That means I can get up in the morning and do my regular routine, and when I am ready I can make the preserves.
We also managed to go shopping and we will be eating a lot of hamburger, I bought 10 pounds of it, since it is cheap and I can make it in so many ways. Also I have been wanting some fried chicken, so I bought enough of that for 8 meals. I had Pork in the freezer and some beef roast.
So we should be alright with meat for awhile. I also raided some venison from my parents freezer (dad doesn't know but mom gave it to me)
The land lord is just great he gave us a couple packs of Bass (fish) that he and his family caught Memorial weekend. He said he meant to give it to us before, for Jack taking care of the wood burner while they were gone.
Oh I guess i should explain that, He has an outside burner that heats our hot water and in the winter heats the house. So that is one of the reasons we don't pay for heat, because he don't even pay for it. He uses scrap wood, from pallets, tear downs, etc. He gets paid to haul this stuff away.
I am noticing some itchy spots, I guess i should have put some bug spray on yesterday, before I picked berries, The mosquitoes got me. I always make sure the kids are protected before we go out, but as usual I forget myself.
We are suppose to get some rain tomorrow, I pray we do. Don't really want the storms, but as long as it includes rain, I can deal with it.
I should get off of here and pick up either my hook and yarn or my needle and thread.
Have a peaceful night and sweet dreams.
No comments:
Post a Comment