Well Jack left for Ohio. He left at 2:30 p.m. so he should be in Ohio by 7:00 tonight. We had to get his license renewed, grocery shopping for him (Brooke had to shop, too) We had lunch out and then he had to hug and smooch the kids for about 30 minutes. Brooke had a little attitude at first and I thought, OH NO.. it is going to be bad, But she ended up climbing in the truck with him, gave him another hug and kiss and got to blow the air horn (she jumped, it scared her)
No one called to say bye, but John did come out and talked and shook his hand, told Jack that he would still come over and play with the kids in the sandbox (that he built for them) and that he would get the trash to the road on Wednesdays.
I forgot to get a picture of him in the truck, too busy saying good bye. One of my D**n moments, that is too late to do now.
I will probably be back later to let you know how, the day has passed and if the night goes well (Brooke is used to curling up with daddy at night and falling asleep)
Have a great and blessed day...............
3 comments:
Wendy - sounds like you all did a great job with the "see ya laters" there is no goodbye in my world..it's just see you later. Hope the rest of your day sails smoothly. Remember, I'm here if you need me!
It gets easier as it goes along. Ken travels for business, 26 weeks all told last year. Now I'm so used to him being gone that some nights I wake up and feel to see if he's in bed or if he's out of town. And sometimes I forget what city he's in. The kids will adapt and you will too. BUT remember how much he needs to do this and how wonderful it is that he is working again. Just think how worried you were a few days ago. It'll be fine. And like Shelly said, we're here if you need us.
Love,
Suz
Love Wins
Hey sweetie Looking for that picture of Jack in his truck. I am so happy for you all. This is a wonderful blessing. You will make it.
Post a Comment