Well it is another end to a work week. To most the start of the "to do list" weekend. To some that is an everyday thing. My week usually involves what to do, but I am lucky to get at least half what I need to do, done. So then that gets carried over to the next day, and so forth. Sometimes what should have gotten done on Monday goes all the way to Friday, and still isn't done. Weekends are usually a relaxing time and a time to do the necessary visiting and running the roads, So what did not get done on Friday gets carried over to the next week.
My parents made it home from their Alasakan cruise, They had a great time and took lots of pictures. A little comment my mother made makes me think they will be going again, or on another to a different place.
I am saying extra prayers and crossing everything that I can, Jack might have a job. Oh wouldn't that be a wonderful anniversary gift, for him to get a phone call, saying, "You can start work next week".
It is hard to believe that tomorrow it will be 6 years since we got married. Time has gone by so fast. What is even harder to believe is that we are still together. A lot has happened in that 6 years. We took our honeymoon in September, we went to Maryland for him to meet my family there. We was there on 9-11-01. The day the terrorists attacked we were planning a trip to D.C., I thank God that we got a late start, or we would have been stranded there, because we would have taken the subway. Two months after we were married, and just returned from our honeymoon, Jacks dad found out he had colon cancer, We spent a lot of time in the hospital, because he had surgery and then almost died from an infection. I would go to the hospital in the morning (while Jack and his sister was at work) then I would go back after dinner with Jack. I didn't have to do it, but they had to work and so I took it upon myself to make sure someone was there. I had gotten a job in the first year of marriage, and we decided to buy a home, the day before we were to move in I lost my job, "oh God how are we going to make the payments?"
We did manage, it was hard at times, but we were both fighters. We finally got pregnant after trying for 2 years, and had our beautiful baby girl. Jacks dad passed away, we had a bouncing baby boy, Jack quit his job (like a fool), we lost our house and car, moved into my parents, doing good, Jack got a job so we rented a place to live, then he lost his job, Now pray to God he will have another soon, before we end up on the street. We should have had an idea that our married life was going to be "stormy" because we had a small outside wedding, and boy did it "storm" In the video, the wind was blowing, it was raining buckets, and even though we were in a gazebo, we were still getting wet, and the thunder cracked just as I said "I do".
It is hard to believe that my baby girl will be 4 years old in 7 months, and the little man will be 2 in 5 months. Where did the time go, I sure miss my "babies". You know we were only going to have one child, because it took so long to have the first, but God had other plans for us, and our "little oops" was born. I couldn't ask for a better "oops" in the world, and would not change a thing. All of my life's little happenings have brought me to the point and person I am today. I do believe I am a better person due to it all, and know there will be more "trying" times in my life and hopefully they will bring me to an even better point of adulthood, and life.
I was going to post a picture of our "little visitor" from last night, but haven't gotten the picture on the computer yet, so that will be another day, but I will tell you what it was. We had a frog on the outside of our living room window. He was catchin' bugs for his midnight snack. The cats and kids went crazy trying to get to him. I should have actually gotten the video camera out, it could have made me some money.
I guess if I don't want all of my Friday "to do's" going to Monday, I had better get my butt off of here and get busy.
Hope everyone has a glorious Friday and weekend, try to relax a little and craft a lot.............
1 comment:
It is always best to stick it out. The hard times can build your love for each other. Encourage hubby all you can. He needs to know that you love him no matter what. It is good to remember what you have gone through together. That always strengthened us. Hold him and tell him how much you love him.
Hang in there
Post a Comment