Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

WORDS

Funny how sometimes you just do not notice things, til you sit back and reflect and maybe even write them out. Yesterday I decided to sit down and write out the words that William says, even if not correctly said, he is still using language. So I sit there and before I knew it I actually had 30 words. If you would have asked me I would have told you that he had 15 words in his vocabulary.....
I told his Therapist today when we went in for Speech and she said WONDERFUL, so now we have a new GOAL, for him to say at least 2 new words a week. OF course little stinker butt is set in his ways and when coaching him to talk he will either shut down or throw a fit....BUT momma is also set in her ways, and can be way more stubborn than the 2 kids put together....SO new words we will get......
ONE big word we need out of him is "HELP"....he finds it really hard to ask for it, to even say the word.....he is so into doing it on his own, and would rather scream and whine then to ask for "help" and that is a word he really needs, especially when he starts School and such, it is a key to life....Knowing when to concede and ask for help....Of course I too find it hard to say that word and to admit defeat, to realize I can not do it myself and need "help".....Maybe in the process of teaching him it is alright to ask for help and to say the word, I also will learn the importance of that 4 letter word....
We are sitting here waiting for Brooke to get home in the next 20 minutes, and then we will be on our way down the road and go VOTE......Jack and I have different political views on some things, so I give my view and then go on.....He was born and raised Democrat and his dad had this view of Republicans of being RICH.....Yea sure....My parents are both Republican and rich they are not.....I am neither a registered Democrat or Republican...I vote for who is right for the job, or at least who will do the least damage.....SO I will be walking into the polling place and placing my vote and say a little prayer as I do so.......

Hope you are all having a wonderful day...........

No comments: