Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

What was I thinking?????

I just had to tell you all............I went to the dentist today, mind you it is a 40 minute drive, I get there fill out my paper work, and my appointment is for 1:30 (got there at 1 to fill out the papers per their request) It was after 2 before I got called in, Thank God the kids are as good as they are in public...SO I get in the room and they take 18 Xrays....I wait another 20 minutes for the Dentist to come in, she looks at my Xrays and asks if I am in pain..."YES all the time" she says I see alot of decay here...NO Duh....She looks some more asks me what I would like to do, pull or save, I choose pull because the teeth are just falling apart. She looks in my mouth and tells the assistant all that is to be done with each tooth....I have a total of 7 teeth that need to be pulled....Which in turns means I need a partial for the top back....I would only have on tooth left back there....on each side......she then tells me I really need a cleaning and the insurance will cover the top cleaning, but I need a deep cleaning for the bottom and that cost $75 per side...total $150 for the bottom....SORRY no money here....no can do.......Then she tells me to go up front and make an appointment so that we can get started on the process.....WHAT??? she did nothing...not even some pain meds......(Thanks God I still have some here)
SO guess what my fool ass did????? The dentist is only in on W, Th & F....and next week she is only has available on Wednesday...........

I want the teeth pulled as soon as possible......SO I choose Wednesday November 19th at 12:30p.m. ...........what a birthday present to give oneself.........................I do not think I will ever forget my 41st Birthday.....That is for sure..............My birthday present to myself will be PAIN.........BUT in the long run it will be to be pain free............at least for now................

I think I need to go take a little nap.........these sleepless nights are really getting to me........and I am exhausted...I had my self so worked up over the dentist (I was terrified) and now I will go through it all again next week...........

Hope you are all having a wonderful day................


OH by the way I got the third shawl done....I do not know if I want to rush to get another done, so I will work on Jack's afghan...
Will take pictures later and post later.........

4 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

I chose pain on my birthday too for a future without it. I so know where you are right now.

SimplyMe said...

Maybe there's a flip side to this, like really really good pain meds for post pulling.

Anonymous said...

Didn't you know Dentist is a dirty word?

Anonymous said...

Well, another way to look at it is that you will be "drunk" on your day...hopefully it will all go well.