
The scarf is a pattern I made up, I really like how it turned out. I used one strand of white and one of Delft Blue and a size "N" hook.
Ch 13, Sc in second ch from hook and each ch across. Ch 1. turn (12)
row 2......skip first ch, 2 sc in next chain. ** skip nest st, 2 sc in next st. repeat from ** across to end. ch 1 turn (12)
Repeat row 2 til you get the length you want. Then for the last row you sc into each stitch instead of skipping stitches and placing 2 in one.
I then did fringe, which is something I usually do not do, I put 2 strands of each color into every stitch in the ends.
My scarf turned out to be 6" X 52" (not including the fringe) I did 99 rows to get the 52 inches.
Doing the double strand did not really cut down on my time, but it did keep me from having to make color changes and also made for a very warm scarf. And the "N" hook made it so that it was not too tight and therefore stiff, It is not real loose but it is soft, and it is not even washed yet, which will make it even softer.
I still have to get the prayer cloths and hat in the mail, there is just no money to do so.....I guess I could maybe get it to the post office ready to go, and see what it will cost to mail it, and then do some begging from a family memeber to mail it for me....
Today we HAVE to go to the grocery store, our cupboards and fridge/freezer are just about empty, it has been a challenging week of meals, and making stuff stretch til today. BUT I did it, and no one went hungry in the process. I actually even made the coffee last til this morning, that was the real challenge, to have run out of coffee would have been REALLY bad. I did not get the sales ads this week, so I have no idea where I will go shopping, I try to go where ever the most stuff is on sale, and especially meat. I WILL NOT buy meat unless it is onsale, othrewise the $324 a month would not even last, it would all go for meat alone to make it through the month. It may cause me to have to go back to the store next week, but at least I have been manageing to keep my family fed.
Of course with the time change, the kids got me up earlier than I wanted to, but when it gets light outside, no matter what time the clock says, the animals and kids think it is time to be up....You think that will work the opposite way tonight, as soon as it gets dark it is time to go to bed?....Wishful thinking on my part, isn't it? NOT that I would go to bed that early, but it would be nice to have more time in quiet BEFORE I fall alseep exhausted....
Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.....
4 comments:
I love the scarf and it is always fun to mix colors. These colors were especially nice for this years selection.
A_L_D_I_S. Cheap eats. gotta love the stock up store. I bought for 2 weeks and spent about $175...and I wasn't pinching pennies when I did it. I could have squeeked another week's worth out of it.
Love the scarf.
I'm so far behind on everything. I had startitis the first of October, so now I suppose it's time to get finisitis!
I can't remember the name of the town you live in. (I'm sure I could hunt it up, but let's be real) I'll find you the closest one. Even if it's 30-40 miles you will save more money on groceries than you'll spend on gas. I used to drive 75 miles 3-4 times a year with $500 to help keep the cost down. No kidding. Now I go once every 6 wks and it's 20ish miles. I could go every other week, but that would take planning. I'm working on fixing that.
Beautiful scarf Wendy. I always have more than one project going at a time. I'd go crazy if I couldn't have it that way.
I have you and your family in my prayers and lets hope that the information in Kadezmom comment helps out.
*hugs*
Post a Comment