Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Over due pictures






It has been a while since I posted some pictures of some of my work and progress on Jack's afghan.






Jack's afghan is on hold at the moment, til I at least get the third shawl made. When I get back to it, I have about 6 balls (some partial) of this blue cotton that I will be finishing it off with. At the moment it is about 60 inches square, and with the blue added it should be a nice size for him to cover up with.






Here are the shawl, The 2 that are complete were made with JoAnn's Sensation Rainbow Boucle one in Dark Blue and one in Red Print, I used a size "L" hook for them. All the shawls are being made using the Half Granny. The third shawl is being made out of Bernat Baby Coordinates in blue (do not have a label on them, they are mill ends that someone gave to me, there was 6 skeins) I am using a size "N" hook for this one and holding two strands together. I tried it with and "L" hook, but it was too tight and therefore stiff, so it would not have drapped nicely on the wearer. With the "N" hook it loosened it up just right and now drapes.






In my Hugs & Stitches yahoo group we did a Mystery Pattern, whoever guessed correctly what we were making got a prize, well I won, and am waiting for my mystery prize to arrive. I started out making mine in acrylic in tan, and once I got to my guessing point and found out we were making a duck hand puppet, I stopped the one I was making, and changed to Yellow cotton, I have one more to make, and they will be given to Brooke and William for Christmas. They can use them for Bath Mitts, that is why I am making them in Cotton.






By the weekend I am hoping to get started on joining the kids afghans. Once I get started it should go smoothly, if only my dang printer would work, so that I could print out the join method I want to use. I guess instead I will have to sit in front of the computer til I get the hang of it. I will be using this method to join them in.
Today Jack voluntered in school with Brooke, we are suppose to spend at least one day a month helping in the classroom. William also has speech today, so I took them both and after William gets done I will go pick them up, and go see my sister, and see if she will treat us to lunch. I need to call my mom and ask her if she will watch the kids tomorrow. I go to the dentist at 1 and I got to thinking that it would not be fair to them if it takes a long time, and I do not want them to get too upset, if they do pull some teeth. At least by the time we get home I will not be so bad off. Brooke really wants to go but I think they will be better off staying with my mom. That way they will get lunch on time, and William will have his much needed nap on time. Also maybe my mom will be sympathetic and fix dinner so that I will not have to wory about cooking for them. Because I know that I will be in no shape to eat.
I am going to get back to the shawl, I will have to pull out 2 more skeins of yarn to finish it off, and am thinking that maybe I will even put some fringe on it, or at least a nice border.
Hope everyone has a blessed day................

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cool the crochet duck mit is. I think that is a get idea for gifts. The afghan for Jack is really a neat way to use up yarn, and I just love the way it is turning out. Keep up the good work.
Therese

Anonymous said...

That afghan is luscious looking, like a big bundle of candy. All those colors. This will be a real treasure for him always. And the duck is too cute. They will love them. Your shawls are also not to be missed in mentioning.

Aunt Kathy said...

Wendy things are sounding so much better in your posts, this makes me happy. I see several winter birthdays coming up too, my kids, me and my mom and my sisters are all born in Nov-Dec too.