




I guess first I will say that I hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable Halloween. We in our house did, and started some new little family traditions, that I am sure we will enjoy year after year...
First we made popcorn balls. It was my first attempt at them, and I do believe they were the best ones I have ever tasted, and it was fun to make with the kids. It started with me remembering how to pop popcorn on the stove, which I have not done in years, due to laziness, but I do believe we will be doing our popcorn that way from now on, because the kids had a ball watching and listening, and trying to catch the popcorn when it popped out of the pan as I was pouring it into the bowl. I got the recipe from Food Network's site and it is Paula Deen's recipe.
After we made our popcorn balls, it was lunch time ans so we had some soup. THEN it was time to "kill" our pumpkins. I do not like to carve the pumpkins, because then the kids do not get to really get involved, so instead we take a hammer and phillips screwdriver and pound holes into them, I do believe that next year we will need to find something that makes a bigger hole, because it was hard to see the face we made on them and not much light shines through. Poor William cried his eyes out when I cut into his pumpkin and took the top off to "gut" it, I think he thought I killed his pumpkin, yet he had no problems hammering holes into it....LOL
The kids had a great time, and I got them to take a little nap before we had an early dinner and went to my parents. They got lots of goodies and even are so generous and not stingy that they shared some with Pappa, grandma and Jack and myself....
I have been crocheting away, I have Jack's blanket, about half way done, I made a crocheted snowflake for Mel to go with the Icicle angels, I have a baby blanket started, and now I have found a pattern to crochet the kids stockings, since I can not figure out what happened to the ones my mom made them.....I still have their afghans to join, Barbi clothes to make, toys for William, and to find a nice slipper pattern to make both of them a pair of slippers.
Jack had his follow up appointment with the doctor for the colitis and he prescribed the same medicine that our family doctor did, that gave Jack the hives, he did not realize it was the same thing, so now we need to get a hold of him on Monday to get a different med. In the process Jack asked if his Hyatal hernia would be the cause of his severe heartburn that he gets when he over exerts himself, the doctor informed him that he does not have a hyatal hernia (UMmmm he did 4 yrs ago...) He told Jack that he needed to get in to see our family doctor and let him know what was going on. SO he went and saw him on Thursday. He set him up to see a cardiologist on the 13th of November, had blood drawn and chest Xrays. He also gave him a script for Nitroglycerin.
It has been a VERY challenging year to say the least, and I pray that it ends with the new year.....I just do not know how much more I can handle...How many more surprises are going to come up? This is just sooooo much for a person to bear, and I know I have God with me, and I keep telling him I can not do it anymore, BUT I guess he feels I can, because yet again there is more added. I saw the land lord this evening, he did not say anything more about us being out on the 1st, which is just an hour away.....SOOOO I guess I have a little blessing, for now......
Hug the ones you love and pray for those you don't.............
2 comments:
Jacks ghan looks great and the snowflake is really pretty. The kids seem to have had a great time.
The snowflake is gorgeous!! Thank you. Thank you. Looks like you had fun for Halloween. I am so behind...i didn't even decorate this year. Love the afghan too!
Hugs!
Post a Comment