
Here is a picture of what I have been working on for the last 2 hours....My totally scrap blanket...
This is being made of all my little scraps of cotton left overs...they are too small for a dish cloth unless I make some Wild ones...They came from my bag of scrap balls I had been using to make the kids afghan squares, and since I received so many from so many generous ladies, I have all these balls left and can not bear to think about tossing them....That would be such a waste...so I started this. Some of the pieces were maybe big enough to do the first 2 rounds of a granny, others were bigger...SO this is going to be one Wild afghan, and I LOVE it already...Jack does too and so I am thinking that this may be his Christmas present...I have him thinking that it will be donated....so won't he be surprised when he opens the package of Christmas morning and this is in it....I hope I have enough scraps to make a good size one, if not I will just dig into my whole balls or cones and mix them up a little into it...I think that I do have enough though, they are in a good size bag and I would say that there is probably at least 6 pounds of yarn in there...See why I can not even think about just tossing them....

OH and if you crochet why don't you go check out Crafty Corral, Sandie is in need of help with wool hats and prayer cloths to be added to 200 care packages for the troops. They are stationed in Iraq. She has even decided to do a little contest on there and will give an entry for each prayer cloth and 2 entries for each hat she receives....
Boy I sure have been spreading the word today about all kinds of great contests and giveaways....It lessens my chances of winning.....BUT hey I would love for one of you to maybe win something you may like......SO why don't ya go check out all these blogs and see what's up....
Hope you are all staying warm and safe....
7 comments:
Wendy, I think the blanket is going to be very beautiful when finished. It is looking great now.
I'm always backward when I try to leave you a comment. You have your comment area at the top, which I always miss and then scroll to find it, getting confused when I end up in your previous post. Hard to teach an old dog new tricks. lol
LOVE the fun colorful ghan. Sometimes I think these odds and ends are the most fun. It's looking good. Keep us posted.
Sandy
It's gorgeous! I can't wait to see it when it's finished. Have a great day and hugs to you and Brooke and William. :)
Your goofy, color addled friend,
me :)
Thats a lot of cotton that you have. I was under the impression when you asked for help with the kids squares that you didn't have any cotton. LOL I guess I got that wrong!
Jack is going to be so surprised. And those bears that you made are so cute, I just want to grab them and hug them.
*HUGS*
Me too, Sandy. I always look in the wrong spot. LOL Keeps me on my toes. Thanks for the mention, Wendy. I'm getting lots of help.
Love the afghan. It will be special. Perhaps memories of the items you made with the original skein? I'm sure Jack will love it.
I knew it was you!!!!!! Good job, darlin.
Thanks for the good words regarding mom and my work. Yes, it's a blogger thing and is most definately faster. I found the directions on blog buzzer. Basically go to customize, then to settings, ...here's a cut and paste of the directions
Today we’re bringing the embedded comment form out of Blogger in draft and making it easily available to everyone. This feature puts the comment form at the bottom of each post page, below the comments, instead of on the separate, Blogger-styled page.
The embedded comment form is more convenient for your readers because they can use it to post a comment immediately, without clicking over to a different page. It also looks better, since it matches your blog’s style and colors.
If you’re logged in to Blogger with your Google Account, you can also subscribe to comments via email by clicking the “Subscribe” link. Unlike with the full page comment form, you don’t need to post a comment to subscribe.
To enable the embedded comment form for your blog, go to the Settings > Comments page and look for the Comment Form Placement setting. Change it to Embedded below post, save your settings, and go check out a post to see the new form in action.
Sandy
Post a Comment