So I am sitting here reading blogs and realized, I really should post in mine....No pictures to share, been busy, busy, busy....Hey I have not even picked up a hook or needle in 2 days now....Hopefully I will get some time tomorrow.
Well I live in Michigan, and if you have not heard, you can NEVER know what the weather is going to be like....instead of Spring like temperatures we have had Summer like temperatures....Today it hit 78 degrees (F)..... I really hate the weather lately, it goes from COLD to HOT and watch it will go from HOT to COLD....we do not get much of the in between lately....BUT I LOVE 70ish degree weather, it is the temperatures I could live with year round..Anyone know of a place with those temps year round???
So yesterday I decided I could not and would not put pants on the kids....so I go digging in the totes in the closet (praying there is something summer in there) and thank heavens I find some summer stuff for them to wear....not much in there but it will do for now....and today I dug in my tote in the closet and actually pulled out myself a pair of shorts.
I changed the bed, washed the blankets, sheets, comforter and another load of extra blankets, so I did something I have not done in ages, I hung 3 loads of laundry outside to dry...Now that was a chore in itself, since I do have 17 steps to go up and down....BUT it was well worth it...It was perfect, it was nice and warm, and we had a wonderful breeze, so the stuff dried almost as soon as it was hung, I would bring down another load, and take down the stuff already hanging, it was faster than the dryer would have taken. I also did a load of towels and clothes, but I did not hang them out....I don't like stiff towels or clothes, and figured that it was a waste to hang them then bring them in and throw them in the dryer to fluff them.... I also did some raking for the land lady, while the kids played with her granddaughter, and told her that in the next week I would help her get the flower beds cleaned up and ready to plant...we also decided that we will try to clean up the raspberry patch, so that it is easier to get to the berries...If we had the way, we would also cut down some small walnut trees and pull the stumps, but I think that is over us, so we will just have to work on the guys to get them to see our way of thinking...Of course they are not going to be seeing our way to easily, since they are still planting pine seedlings, no sooner than they think they are done, and here comes Bob with more...so far they have planted 1000 seedlings since Monday...and have another 200 still to plant....
I finally pulled out my Quilt that was made for me....I gave in and put it on the bed.. I pray nothing happens to it...but figure it is too gorgeous to sit in a plastic bag in the closet.
The kids came in and were filthy, so I gave them a bath, no way were they getting in the clean bed as dirty as they were, but at least they had a fun day.
I fixed pork steaks on the grill and made some macaroni salad for dinner....Boy did it taste good. Brooke insisted on eating outside on the deck, but halfway through we had to come in, there was about 10 big black wasps flying around, and I sure did not want anyone getting stung, at least when I said why we had to go in, they did not put up a fight...
Little Miss has a nasty spot on her upper arm, the land lady thought she had ring worm....NOPE it is from where her brother bit her....He knew he did wrong, when she screamed, he took off running into the bedroom and closed the door, I took Brooke and showed him what he had done, and gave him a good swat on the butt, Of course then I had 2 screaming kids. I just do not know what to do with him, when he gets frustrated he bites, and Brooke is usually the one that has frustrated him, so she gets bit. He has tried with Jack and I, but we have caught him before he has done it.
The kids have been asleep for hours now, it did not take them long, after their bath...Just the right thing, to unwind them from the day. I think I am not too far away from slumber land myself...Maybe I will get a few stitches in on the baby sweater first.
Hope everyone has a wonderfully blessed weekend............
By the way it is now 11:36 p.m. and it is still 61 degrees (F) here.....I guess the windows will be open all night, again, especially since it is still 77 degrees in here....
5 comments:
You have been busy. I'm glad the kids got to enjoy some nice warm weather. I actually had on shorts today myself. It's 11:57pm and it's 65 degrees here. I've got two windows open now but I'll close them before I go to bed...gets pretty dang chilly at night.
Hugs!
You about wore me out reading this! LOL!
I love sheets hung outside. We haven't had a clothesline in a long time and I miss it.
Hi Wendy! Wow, you did have a busy day. So glad you stopped by The Post-It Place. You really should try those pork chops, they are sooo good!
Ok Wendy dear,,,,,,we need to see a picture of the quilt...And of course one of the kids really dirty...That always makes for a good one.
Time to take a bit of a break in the cooler evenings and pick up hook or needles.
Lots of Hugs!
Wow sounds like a busy but fun day. Oh I use to babysit for a biter. OUCH!!!
Post a Comment