Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Doughnuts anyone ???

Oh what a day...Let me tell ya, I do not want a repeat of today that is forsure (instant replay available when eyes close)

My day started out at 6:30 a.m., not bad, coffee, computer, and wake up time, half hour later I decide I had better go outside and clean off the deck, steps and car. I could actually sweep the deck and steps off and proceed down the stairs to clean off the car. Hmm can not open the doors. Ok that is not a problem, now that I know as long as you find something hard and slightly pointy you can run it along the rubber seal, and break up the ice and the doors will open. I then proceed to finally get in the car and it is now 20 minutes later, so I start the car to warm it up.
Now it is time to get the kids up, dressed and myself dressed too. We all are ready now and we head out. Jack has to go stand at the end of the driveway, to make sure no cars are coming, otherwise if I would have had to stop, we would have gotten stuck. All clear, and he gets in the car from the road, we get the mile to my moms and fishtail into thier drive and drop off the kids.

I head out for our 38 mile drive to Flint for court. Roads are snow covered, but hey I live in Michigan and have done so for 40 years, no problem. I finally get to I-69 and was not very pleased at what I saw, it was hard, packed snow, which meant it was now ICE....Thank goodness no one was in a very big hurry to slide off the road, So my 38 mile trip was made at 40 miles per hour. The closer we got to Flint the worse it became and it was completely snow covered, and you played a guessing game as to if you were still in your lane or in someone else's.

We finally get to downtown Flint and we find the Federal building. We park in the garage and find a door out, walk across the street and had to go up the stairs, that had not been shoveled, only to find out that it is CLOSED due to inclement weather...Isn't this just F***in great. We venture back through the snow piles and get into the car to call the lawyer to see what's up. He is like you are kidding, I have never known them to close, call me back in 5 minutes and I will see what is up.....We call him back, and yes they are closed, they actually closed at 2:30 p.m. on Wednesday due to the weather and were staying closed. So we leave and of course in the 10 minutes we were there still had to pay the 50 cents for parking. We find which way we need to go to get home, and the phone rings, it is the lawyers office telling us that court is cancelled, no DUH we are the ones who called you. So now I get to get back on the icy snowing interstate. At least this time I knew what to expect, right? WRONG....It was actually not as bad as the other side, so I venture to go a little faster. Doing good, Hey we are only 10 miles from home.
Oh, there is 3 police cars, and there is a couple of cars in the ditch, better slow down a little and also let the people behind me know there is a problem. Tap the brakes, I mean I just barely touched the pedal, I know how to drive on ice and snow, really I do, then why the H*LL is my car sliding, Jack says, just let it go Wendy, there is no saving it, do you know how hard that is to just let your car slide out of control and not try to fix it, especially when you see yourself heading right into a giant snow pile, so I LET IT GO, and what the F*** we are now doing a doughnut, the back of the car takes the place of the front. and now we are sliding sideways into the Giant snow pile. BAM.....right into the snow pile, sideways....It is no wonder the car does not roll, because we hit it so HARD and FAST, It is no wonder Jack did not put his head through his side window, It is now wonder that NO ONE else hit us. THANK YOU JESUS...I finally decide I can breathe again and we are both asking Are you alright....I look out my rearview and the car that had been behind me is now on the side of the road (still behind me, because we are now facing the direction we just came from) Do you know that the stupid fools that are still on the road, even seeing there is 4 cars off the road are still flying.....A state Trooper backs up to us and the 2 of them get out, put their gloves on and with Jack's help, try to push us out. It is a no go, we are that buried in the snow pile. They call a tow truck from the other cars to help us, of course we only have $30. I call my mom to tell her what is up, and she asks if they will take her debit card number, it is going to cost $60, The driver said he would have to have the card in front of him, and Jack tells him that he might as well go then, because we only have $30, he ended up taking the number and running it through. Even with the wench he had a hard time getting us out of the snow. But finally we are on our way again, I took the next exit (1 1/2 miles down the road) off. I was not staying on that road anymore....NO WAY HORSEY (as Brooke says) We finally make it back to my parents, have coffee, and then get the kids to go home, we still have to dig out the driveway.

So we bring the screaming kids home (they did not want to leave grandma) and get them some lunch and us also. We then all get our GEAR on and go to play and do the driveway, (when all I wanted to do was go to sleep, the tension was finally gone, and I was exhausted and so very sore)
It was not an easy task doing the driveway, especially the end where the snow plow had through snow, so we took turns and finally after 1 1/2 hours we got it done....We then proceed to bring the screaming, fighting kids into the house. They decide they are hungry, again, so we all get something to eat. Then at 2:45 I get the kids to go in the bedroom for a nap, Brooke says she is not sleeping and she is not going to sleep, She was the first to FALL over asleep, it was just too funny, she is sitting there and her eyes are drooping and she is doing the bobble head thing and the next thing I knew, she fell over, asleep... William was the next to go, and YES I did too. I slept for 2 hours....It was 6 when I woke up and had to fix dinner, so I pulled out hotdogs and french fries, the easiest and fastest thing.....The kids woke up and we all ate and now are just relaxing.....Of course I am now so very sore, the tension of the day is gone and the physical labor has taken a hold of this body...

So now it will be the waiting game to see when we have to go back to court, and pray to God it is not snowing or icy....AGAIN........

So that is definetly "A Day in the Life of Wendy".........I still have instant replay in the brain, but there is pieces that I can not picture but remember, I guess I was in a state of shock....and do not, I mean DO NOT... want to spend another day like today, again...I just am so very thankful that my kids were not with us, they would probably be still screaming, and knowing little man, he would not want to EVER get back in the car....

Hope everyone is having a blessed day....I am going to go get some much needed therapy, in the fiber department, I had it with me, but there was no way I could have done anything, while still in shock...

7 comments:

Lil Knitter said...

Omg...is that not the most annoying thing? They could have let your lawyer know so you wouldn't have gotten out in that mess. I am so glad you two are alright..it could have been a major disaster. Thankfully, an angel was looking out for you.
Relax and do some knitting or crocheting...you need it and deserve it.
Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Brat... I am so thankful that you and Jack are ok. Jack was right telling you to let the car go, that steering wheel could have broken your hands to pieces. Now when I read Doughnut's Anyone, I thought my talented Sis had been in the Kitchen making homemade doughnut's. Ahhh Wishful Thinking.
I Love You All... God Bless, Protect and Keep You All Safe.
XOXOXOXO

Anonymous said...

i'm so glad you're both ok! that's scary!!

*hugs*

Aunt Kathy said...

Well Wendy I was praying for you all day, guess now I know why. You are braver then me, I would have called the lawyer and made him reschedule the appt. I am askeered to drive in snow.

I am so glad you are all OK.

{{{HUGS}}} my friend, may you only have sweet dreams of tropical islands tonight.

Scarlet said...

I had you on my mind all day and in my prayers as well. I am so happy to hear that you made it home safe and sound. Relax honey and gather some new energy.

*hugs*
Scrlet

Anonymous said...

Prayers and blessings that you weren't hurt. Sending you warm sunshine and love from Texas. Give yourself and those babies a big hug from me.

pinkangel said...

Dear dear Wendy, I too wouldn't want a repeat of this day.....and am sooo thankful that you two are ok.......As for me, I would have not been the one driving. That is why I live in FL..don't ever want to go back to that kind of weather......

Jack gave you the right advice.......maybe he should have done the driving......

I would never be afraid to ride with you........you did a super job in getting all of you back home.

Even though the day was rough you were still very much blessed.

Many hugs and prayers going your way.
Diane