Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Some snowy Quilty pictures












There is suppose to be a road here...This is the house across the street from us...









The "Snowman"


Well it is snowing and no end in sight....What makes matters worse is the winds, and the drifting...Jack decided that he was not going to try to snow blow it all at once, so he done some now and will do it again, probably tomorrow. It took him 2 hours to do our driveway and the landlords. And he only did half of theirs, they will just have to go out one drive, instead of the other....
The quilt was my Christmas present...It was suppose to be my Birthday and Christmas present last year.....It was made by my brothers girlfriend, and she sent it out to be quilted...The detailing is beautiful and the quilt is a super queen...I don't know if I want to put it on my bed with the kids and cats.....It is in greens, just as I asked.....She had showed me the material, years ago, when she picked them up and I just loved them. I feel guilty about the nasty things I have said about her, I don't necessarily take them back, but feel guilty...She put so much work into this quilt and even though I don't really like her, I will keep it and treasure it...We spent the day, yesterday at my parents and did the Christmas thing with all of my family, and we enjoyed ourselves, It just had to snow, because she was actually nice.....She made the kids some flannel pajama's, and got them some other handmade items, William got a wood "Willie" puzzle, and some bands with his name on them, to put on his cup, or whatever else we may find. (he is using them as bracelets) Brooke got an "I spy" bag...It is the coolest thing. It has little silicone beads in it and there is all kinds of things to find in them. You just move the beads around in the bag and look through the see through window, she also got a little travel bag, that had a little coloring book, homemade crayons, and store bought crayons and it even has little slots to put the store bought crayons in. Grandma and Pappa got them both some toys, William got 2 "Little People" things (he loves them) and Brooke got a "Little People" camper set and a magnetic "food" set. It is by V-Tech and has the alphabet o the magnets and when you put it in the little fridge it tells you the letter, color or food.....Aunt Candy bought them both a Mickey Mouse outfit, and cousin Rachel bought them each a toy. I got a Pooh Hoodie that says "Spoil Me" and Jack got some long sleeve t-shirts....It was a great day...
Oh and before I forget Santa sent us a package in the mail, and we received it yesterday....It came from Minnesota, and had clothes toys and candy for the kids and Jack and I even got something, socks and gloves.....There was even wrapping paper in there, It brought tears to both Jack's and my eyes..... The stuff will be wrapped and put under the tree. The kids have no idea. I will be sending a very special thank you from all of us, along with a picture of our family so that she can see who she blessed......Brooke will be so happy that mommy and daddy were good enough for Santa to actually leave a gift for us to open on Christmas morning.
I hope you are all safe and warm.......and having a very blessed day...........
Great big cyber hugs to all of you.........


4 comments:

Lil Knitter said...

Oh, the quilt is just beautiful! I have always wanted to make a quilt but just don't have the talent or patience to even try. I would treasure it too.
The snow is awesome..probably a pain in the behind too but awesome still. I wish we could come play in it with ya.
YAY Santa! That was such a nice surprise. I am so happy for you girlfriend. Stay warm and big hugs to you all.

pinkangel said...

I am so happy for you that you will really have a special Christmas. One to look back on and say how really blessed you are.

You and your family continue to be in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Wendy, I'm glad Santa sent things your way. If I could have found a job, I would have sent Christmas to you but so far I haven't found any way to make extra spending money. Maybe next year, things will be better

Anonymous said...

The Lord provides, to those that believe. The world is filled with people who care. the quilt is gorgeous.