Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Saturday, September 8, 2007

CHOCOLATE and YARN

Well I did not want to post until I finished the border on the 4th DVS afghan, but The kids needed baths, I cleaned up the kitchen some and got stuck baking brownies (they were calling me from the kitchen) I put chipped Pecan's and Peanut Butter chips in them and as soon as they cool, I am going to frost them with some Fudge frosting. Boy Mother Nature just came and gone or I would think she was coming to visit. But I do so have this terrible chocolate craving, It is probably due to the Prednisone I am on.

I will post a picture of the afghan as soon as I am done with the border, Even if it is in the wee hours of the morning.

Brooke is just about asleep, and William has been so for 1 1/2 hours now. Gave them both some Motrin and Benadryl. I do so hope that the kids are just having an allergy problem, and not a virus. I so want Barbara to be able to come over, but I do not play around when there is a chance they are sick. Now if it was someone in the family who was not Immune suppressed then I could care less if the kids have a cold and go somewhere, because you can catch one anywhere.
In fact I am going to my parents tomorrow to can another batch of tomato's, runny, stuffy noses and all.

Jack got to do a little sightseeing today, while waiting for a load out of Arizona. He went and checked out Tombstone. I sure wish he had a camera with him. I will be buying a cheap digital as soon as I can. We had another, but sent it to his sister in Tennessee, and now we wish we had it. He said that the place they dropped their load off at this morning was right on the border and he could hear the roosters crowing in Mexico. He now has a load to take to Shreveport, Louisiana. That is now 3 runs in one week that were at least 1000 miles one way.

Brooke is asleep now............Ya......Maybe I can get the afghan finished and start another. But of course I have to first frost them brownies, and eat one (or maybe 2)

My land lord reinforced in my mind what a wonderful person he is, today. I finally got a chance to talk to him for a few minutes, and let him know that I was sorry that I could not give him any rent money, because Jack's check just was not enough to even make it through the week, again. I said "and there goes me getting my tooth pulled" He said "Wendy if you need a tooth pulled we have the money for you to get it done" I just wanted to go give him a big ole bear hug. (I did not though) I let him know that I have decided that rather than pay an office call for a dentist to tell me that they can not pull the tooth, until I am done with the antibiotics, that I would just wait, and go next week (God willing). Marie, his wife has been canning, she did some applesauce, Peaches, tomato juice, and pickles. She gave me a jar of the applesauce, and it tasted just like apple pie. Oh it is so very good, the kids even loved it. She is diabetic, so she used Splenda, and I liked it. Normally I do not like the artificial sweeteners, but in desserts I have found it is good, and now I know applesauce also.

Well I will be going now, want to get the brownies frosted and the afghan finished and I sure am not getting either done by being on here..........

Tell someone you LOVE them...................

No comments: